Passion Fruit Rum Punch Cocktail Recipe
Created in 2004 by Simon Difford this Passion Fruit Rum Punch Cocktail Recipe takes the fragrantly sweet taste of passion fruit and combines it with the crystalline pearls and acidulous flavours of champagne to create almost a rum based version of the Porn Star Martini.
Punchy and tropical, this cocktail is perfect for summer days in the glorious sunshine.
- One Whole Passion Fruit
- 50ml White Overproof Rum
- 25ml Lime Juice
- 15ml Sugar Syrup
- 15ml Passion Fruit Syrup
- Half a Passion Fruit for garnish if desired
- Cut a passion fruit in half and scoop out the flesh into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Add the rum, lime juice, sugar syrup and passion fruit syrup to the cocktail shaker.
- Shake until the cocktail shaker is cool to the touch.
- Strain into a glass filled with crushed ice.
- Stir and top up with champagne.
- Finally, garnish with more crushed ice and half a passion fruit.